Sunday, January 11, 2009

On the 11th day of 2009

Phew! What a start to the year..
Greeted by the oh-so-very-eccentric lecturers and having a quick massage at JP2( for those east siders, the new Jurong Point is all HUGE and expanded!) to deal with un-study-able long hour breaks between lectures!

This semester is indeed a demanding one, with 73486347179 readings and should i add, an expensive semester too! Making it hard for me to stick to my resolutions!! But despite me ranting, i didnt whine and complain as much instead I laughed it off, scornfully of course! My MSN nick reads "Call me Wonderwoman if I survive this semester"... well, this is why..


Mon- 4 lectures with breaks in between but that doesnt make it any better!

Tuesday- Lectures will end till 0730.. oh coolness.. i leave the house at dark and return home very dark!

Wed- 0830- Eccentric Hour 101- My coursemates sure know why thanks to AAE233- Literacy!

Thurs- Tuition and Circuit Training at Amore

Friday-Only 1 Lesson in the morning and Doggie 101 at Stella's followed by Tuition
Saturday- Pri5-6 Mendaki tuition at Hougang Sec School

Sunday- 5 years -6 years old phonics class at Bukit Timah!

This is roughly how my week had been.. and sadly, I missed an old friend's wedding today due to work!
Oh yes.. As I mentioned earlier, Doggie 101 is similar to the Okto's Nanny 101.Upon hearing that Stella got a dog, he was just estatic and even his friend Eliza joined to , well "rescue" Stella from paying the $40 grooming fees and help her learn some doggie care, thanks to their expertise! It is amazing that despite just ending work 5 hours ago, they went home for a nap and turned up to meet us to go meet Twinkle! The whole meet-and-greet session with Twinkle was a fun one since bathing was first on the list! Followed by trimming and some commands like SIT and DOWN. After about an hour or so, the Doggie 101 duo completed their mission of first orientation. Of course, he brought along the Halal Sertu soap for both of us to cleanse ourselves since we came in contact with Twinkle, and since Twinkle hardly salivate that is a plus point! Anyway, Eliza was handling the Twinkle most of the time! This is indeed a pertinent issue for Muslims to cleanse themselves when in contact with dogs, traditionally we need to cleanse using specific measurements of soil and water but thanks to the technological advancement, Sertu is made easier. It is obligatory that we do the cleansing and being responsible for this shows that Modern Muslims can be open-minded since Islam can be flexible if you are responsible.
So here's Year 2 Semester 2...the only thing that keeps me going are my NIE friends...!! Oh I soo appreciate the rides home to Bukit Gombak from Nic's dad!! I mean Id trade anything to be in that 5.30 peak hour crowd at Boon Lay!!
Nic & Lala :)
Xuanie & Ms Leow :)

P.s: That's Him of course, waiting for his turn during his Inline Hockey training while Im doing some of my readings :)